Imaging Scheduling Coordinator
Hours: 7:30am-4:00pm; M-F
Shift: 1st Shift
It is the mission of Graham Health System to provide compassionate, quality health services, in a responsible and charitable manner, to the people and communities we serve. We are the community’s choice for exceptional healthcare experience. Graham Health System is seeking a great applicant to join our team. Graham Health System offers a great team atmosphere with multiple benefits.
Under the direction of the Radiology Director, the Imaging Scheduling Coordinator’s primary duties are to ensure all modalities of the imaging schedule run smoothly, that patient severity and physician/department needs are considered. Actively collaborates with the director, radiologists, referring physician, and office staff, to identify opportunities for scheduling and department improvements and to enhance communication. Consistently strives to enhance the performance of the various schedules to improve quality and streamline operations. Holds a patient, physician, and staff satisfaction as a high priority. Maintains awareness of issues and looks to resolve in a timely fashion. Effectively resolves issues with a positive, professional demeanor finding solutions using clear processes and protocols for staff to the resource. Reports to the Director of Imaging.
- Receives incoming requests from Patient Access and physician’s offices to schedule patient exams.
- Ensures accuracy of scheduled patient exams that comply with restrictions of modality/facility resources (time, technologists, physician, etc.) and the needs of the patient and referring physician.
- Ensures protocols are followed and orders are obtained to meet those protocols.
- Works efficiently with department personnel to expedite patient flow by pre-checking information to ensure accuracy and/or receipt of the order, patient, referring physician, insurance, and exam data.
- Communicates effectively when an emergency or “add-on” exams occur.
- Advises referring physician’s office and/or patient of any pre-exam requirements.
- Assists in training other staff regarding scheduling procedures.
- Identifies scheduling-related issues and communicates to the director or designee for immediate resolution.
- Effectively communicates by participating in the exchange of information including documentation, handoff and works collaboratively with the healthcare team.
- Assists in maintaining an appropriate inventory of all necessary supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Ability to schedule/review approximately 50 exams per day
- Knowledge of scheduling software, procedures, paperwork processing requirements, and various insurance coverages.
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to effectively interact with physicians, other facility staff, patients and families when providing instructions or responding to questions or exchanging patient-related information
- Supports the vision and values of the organization by demonstrating Innovation, Accountability, Communication, Compassion, and Teamwork and encouraging constructive behaviors personally and throughout the organization.
High School Diploma.
One year working in a healthcare-related field.
Scheduling and registration experience.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of medical terminology
Attention to detail
This position is technical in nature and requires prolonged periods of sitting and occasional moving between locations within the office for most of the work shift. Manual dexterity is required for the use of the office computer and other routine office equipment.
Visual acuity must be correctable to perform accurate physician order and patient data verification.
Hearing and communication functions are necessary to efficiently and effectively interact continually throughout the work shift with physicians, patients, other hospital personnel, and outside contact.
Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazards.
Regularly exposed to the risk of infectious and bloodborne diseases.
Contact with customers under a wide variety of circumstances.
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
Handles emergency or crisis situations in a calm and professional manner.
Willing to work flexible hours.
Handles emergency or crisis situations.